Friday, February 13, 2009

February 2009 - WANT: The phrases of want

Have you ever listened to all the times WANT comes up in a conversation?
Have you noticed that people use NEED and WANT interchangeable?
Here are some basic phrases I hear:
want list
all I want for Christmas
I want to break free
I want you
I want it all and I want it now
I want you to want me
for want of a nail the shoe was lost
what women want
what men want
I want to be alone
you can't always get what you want
he who dies with the most toys wins
you can't take it with you
when you wish upon a star
blow out your candles and make a wish
can I have a drink of water
wouldn't this look great on me

Feel free to share your phrases.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"That biscuit looks nice mummy" as used by a 5 year old when I finally sit down for a moment....