Thursday, February 26, 2009

February 2009 - WANT: How can we have what we want?

It seems like the "want" flows around the same point over and over again. That point is we want some things, we strive to get these yet we always appear to want more.

Are we never satisfied with what we have?
Absolutely correct!
We are never satisfied.
We always want more.

As I mentioned before, wanting and having are both states of mind.
If you think you want more, then you do.
If you think you have everything, then you do.

How bizarre! How bizarre!

I know for a fact that I do not have the answer for everyone to: How can we have what we want?

For me, I have what I want. As I get more each day, I am amazed. Of course, others who see what I have would go, "he doesn't want much".
They would think:
My car wasn't the coolest.
My house wasn't the largest.
My job wasn't the highest paying.
My bank account wasn't big enough.


But I am fine with all of these.

Bottom line:
Decide on what you want.
Ask for what you want.
When you get what you asked for, enjoy it.
Then, look to the future for what you want next.
Rinse and repeat.


What more could you have? What more could you ask for?

Manifest plainness,
Embrace simplicity,
Reduce selfishness,
Have few desires.

Lao Tzu

No comments: